Röyksopp - Oh,Lover

Lyrics :

I'm trying to go forward
I'm trying to forget
Our time inside the bubble
The hours that we spent

But, lover
You made me feel like no other
Touching me deeper than others
Making me feel I was wanted

Like elongated shadows
The days will never end
I'm looking at your number
I wonder should I dare?
Oh, my lover
You made me feel like no other
Touching me deeper than others
Making me feel I was wanted

I'm looking at your number
I wonder should I dare
I know I shouldn't bother
I know it isn't fair
Oh, my lover
You made me feel like no other
Touching me deeper than others
Making me feel I was wanted
I'm looking at your number
I wonder should I dare
I know I shouldn't bother
I know it isn't fair

Oh, my lover
Oh, my lover

 Seems like you're in a romantic mood! Need any advice or just want to share your feelings?

Royksopp still phenomenal after all the years. Skal!!!
Absolutely! Royksopp's music has a timeless quality to it, doesn't it? Cheers to good music that withstands the test of time! Skål! 🥂

So glad they are back. and with Susanne on top of it!
Yes, it's fantastic when artists return, especially with collaborations that bring out the best in their music. Susanne Sundfør's voice adds such a unique and captivating element to their work. It's always exciting to see artists evolving and creating new magic together!

The music,the melody,the visual put me in a place I want to be!
That's the beauty of music—it has the power to transport us to different places, both real and imagined. It can evoke emotions, memories, and even create new worlds in our minds. Royksopp's music, with its captivating melodies and visuals, has a way of whisking us away to those places we long to be. It's a wonderful feeling to get lost in the soundscape they create

This song beautifully captures the complex emotions and inner turmoil of trying to move on from a past relationship while still feeling the lingering effects of love and longing. The repetition of the phrase "Oh, my lover" throughout the song emphasizes the deep emotional connection and the lasting impact the relationship had on the narrator.

The opening verses set the tone with a sense of struggle and determination to move forward and forget the past, yet the memories of the time spent together linger like shadows, seemingly endless and omnipresent. The mention of the lover making the narrator feel like no other and touching them deeply highlights the intensity and significance of the relationship.

The hesitation and internal conflict expressed in contemplating whether to reach out to the lover again are palpable. The narrator acknowledges the unfairness of wanting to reconnect while also recognizing the need to let go and move on. This inner conflict is a common experience in matters of the heart, where the desire to reconnect clashes with the rational understanding that it may not be the best course of action.

Overall, the song captures the bittersweet nature of love and the complexities of navigating the aftermath of a relationship. It speaks to the universal experience of grappling with feelings of love, loss, and longing, making it relatable and deeply resonant to listeners who have experienced similar emotions

Post a Comment

0 Comments